With a patient-centered philosophy, our physicians and physician extenders provide compassionate care across the entire spectrum of hematology and oncology disorders.
Our team is composed of dual Board-Certified physicians in Medical Oncology and Hematology, advance practice providers (oncology nurse practitioners, and physician assistants), and an extensive support staff (oncology patient navigator, triage nurses, and massage therapist).
Our patients also benefit from support from the Main Line Health System, including access to nurse navigators, social workers, nutrition counselors, and a genetics risk evaluation and treatment program. We also participate with the Delaware Valley ACO and with the Medicare Oncology Care Model to build a team that emphasizes quality of care and best practice outcomes for patients.
We specialize in the following treatments:
- Solid organ malignancies: Breast, Lung, Gastrointestinal system, Genitourinary system, Head and Neck, Sarcomas and others
- Malignant blood disorders: Lymphoma, multiple myeloma, and acute and chronic leukemias
- Benign blood disorders: Blood clotting, bleeding problems, and anemia of all kinds
We have access to and utilize the cutting edge treatment options and diagnostic modalities including
- Immunotherapy: Drugs that stimulate the body’s immune cells to attack cancer of multiple kinds
- Targeted therapies and biological therapy: Drugs that target specific abnormities and receptors on cancer cells to maximize efficacy of therapy and deliver precision care
- Next Generation Sequencing of cancer cells and circulating tumor cell DNA biopsy (Liquid Biopsy): provides in depth information about the tumor’s molecular profile
- Advanced radiation therapy techniques including Stereotactic Radiosurgery (SRS) and SBRT (Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy) using the VARIAN Edge radio-surgery system (available at Bryn Mawr Hospital) which consists of imaging, body positioning, motion management, beam shaping, and dose delivery of radiation beams that target tumors with extreme precision. In addition patients also have access to brachytherapy for short course, high intensity, localized radiation treatment of certain cancers
World-class, personalized care
Our philosophy is to provide world-class, personalized and compassionate care with a patient-centered approach. Our expanded clinical team is able to see patients with urgent issues the same day to minimize hospitalizations. When necessary, our patients are admitted to the adjacent Bryn Mawr Hospital where our team of physicians help coordinate and individualize inpatient care.
Care is delivered in an expanded, state-of-the-art treatment center located adjacent to our physician offices.
A bright, sunlight and airy infusion suite houses 15 individual chairs – available five days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. – with the ability to accommodate about 200 patients every week. Private rooms with televisions and complimentary WiFi are also available.
Our highly skilled and experienced oncology nurses are familiar with physical and emotional needs of patients undergoing systemic therapy. They provide individualized patient education with special attention to assessment of symptoms and toxicity management. Each patient is provided a personal interactive tablet for additional resources.
In addition, we participate at Multidisciplinary Tumor Boards at the Barbara Brodsky Comprehensive Breast Center and at the Bryn Mawr Hospital where we collaborate, present and discuss cases with surgical oncologists, radiation oncologists, pathologists and radiologists for comprehensive patient care.
All our four physicians have been recognized as Top Doctors by Philadelphia Magazine and Main Line Today for multiple successive years in a row many years.
Our physicians are very active in clinical research and have contributed to the medical literature. Each physician currently sees patients with a variety of blood-related and cancer-related health conditions. Our highly trained clinical physician extenders have decades of experience taking care of oncology patients, and are an integral part of our team.
Oncology Clinical Trials
Physicians in our department are passionate about clinical research. We are a part of the Main Line Health Cancer Clinical Trials Network and the Lankenau Institute for Medical Research, and will work with you to find the best options available for your care, including access to the latest therapeutic clinical trials through the Center for Clinical Cancer Research at Main Line Health.