- Cardiovascular Disease
Board Certified in 2005
- Internal Medicine
Board Certified in 2001
Board Certified in 2007
Bryn Mawr Medical Arts Pavilion
825 Old Lancaster Road
Bryn Mawr, PA 19010
Phone: (610) 525-1202
Fax: (610) 527-0643
Medical School: Medical College of Pennsylvania
Internship: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Residency: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
Fellowship: University of Pittsburgh
- Bryn Mawr Hospital – On staff since 2007
- Lankenau Hospital – On staff since 2007
- Paoli Hospital – On staff since 2007
Areas of Interest:
- Arrhythmic Management
- Atrial Fibrilation
- Congestive Heart Failure
Recent Clinical Studies Published:
- Amiodarone Therapy for Atrial Rhythm Control: Insights Gained From a Single Center Experience. J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2007 Jul;18(7):714-8.
- Anatomical analysis of recurrent conduction after circumferential ablation. Chandhok, S., Williams, J. L., Schwartzman, D. J Interv Card Electrophysiol. 2010 Jan;27(1):41-50
- Radial Intracardiac Echocardiography Guidance in the Electrophysiology Lab. Williams, J. Chandhok. S. EP Lab Digest. 2013 Nov;13(11):1-14
Research and Education:
- Freedom Trial – Site Principal Investigator
- Quad PAS Trial – Site Principal Investigator
- Meet the Masters: Nice, France. June 2012. Intracardiac Echo Training Instructor for European Fellows. Course Director: Pedro Brugada, MD
- Deconstructing the Trans-septal program. 2011-2012. Instructor.
- Imaging pre and during ablation procedure to optimize outcomes. 12/2011. Speaker, National Fellows Teaching Conference, Boston Scientific.
I specialize in comprehensive arrhythmia management using the latest surgical and catheter based treatments. I perform advanced ablations to cure common arrhythmias such as atrial fibrillation and all supraventricular or ventricular arrhythmias. I implant and follow devices such as pacemakers and defibrillators, and use medications to suppress arrhythmia. Also, I use catheters to close the left atrial appendage for patients who are unable to take anticoagulation to prevent stroke.
Current Memberships and Activities
- American College of Cardiology
- American Heart Association
- Heart Rhythm Society
Bryn Mawr Hospital is the First Hospital in the State to Implant Newly Approved WATCHMAN™ LAAC Device. New technology can dramatically improve the care model for patients at risk for stroke.